Tuesday 26 June 2007

BKE Short Films In Festivals


The Melbourne International Animation Festival has just finished up for this year. Our film 'Box' which was originally made for Animadness 2006 and won us the first prize in that competition was screening in one of MIAF's Australian Panorama sessions. This is the first time we have gotten a film into MIAF. Actually, it was the first time we had entered anything! Every year I'd keep missing the submission deadline! Well done Malcolm Turner and his team for putting on another successful festival, and I look forward to MIAF 08. Still can't work out what the woman on the front of the festival program was holding, though.

And whilst we're on the festival note, I just received an e-mail this morning to say that both 'Rooted' and 'Box' have been accepted into aniMOTION festival in Sibiu, Romania. Crazy.

2 comments:

daninski said...

Do you happen to know the full results for MIAF 07? I can't seem to find them on the website.

BigKidz Entertainment said...

To the best of my knowledge (which, admittedly, is shakey at best), the overall winner was 'My Love' by Alexander Petrov, and the overall Australian winner was 'Fraught' by Stephanie Brotchie, Chris Pahlow and Maia Tarrell. I think 'The Rabbit' by Rosalie Osmon got a special mention as well.